b/f moms - do your babies ever squirm while you feed them?

My 6 week old almost always starts squirming half-way through her feedings, she pulls off and shakes her head around and opens her mouth and almost teases herself with my nipple. Sometimes after a few minutes of this I assume she must be finished so I start to sit up and she cries to tell me she isn't finished, so I put her back on and she goes back to eating normally...anyone else's LO do anything like this?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 9 month old daughter kicks and pinchs me while i breastfeed her. im used to it.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My little girl has done this since the first couple of weeks and she is now 3 months. If your daughter sounds like mine then it is probably digestive issues. Since their digestive systems are new and still lack certain bacteria to help break down food little ones tend to squirm. Giving your daughter mylicon drops before feedings will help.
    Anonymous

• Yes! My LO does this sometimes as well. I just switch breasts and hes fine.
    Anonymous

• yes my 2 month old does this. Its kinda funny. It's like he is distracted and to busy looking at me and trying to figure things out than feed.

Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my daughter used to do the same thing, she had a gas problem, try giving her mylicon if that doesnt work she might not be getting enough milk. the mylicon only worked for a little bit for us then she started doing it again so we started her on formula and she stopped... if it is a gas problem and you put her on formula try to find one that is for gas and fussieness. she cries if we give her anything else. I hope this helps!
    jessiebug27

Answer by jessiebug27 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my daughter is two and a half months old and shes been doing it since she was about two weeks old. she gets really excied while shes eating and starts smiling and laughing and then gets mad when she makes he nipple slip from her mouth.its hilarious and the sweetest thing to watch :]
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 7:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my son does this alot. its his way of telling me he needs a burp.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 8:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009