do they prescribe morphine for endometriois?

My SIL I believe may be hooked on meds. She's got msny different narcotics including morphine. She told me it was for endmetriosis. I'm not sure if that's true but I've been wrong before! She sleeps all day while her ADHD 13 yo watches her baby then she stays up all night long. It's none of my business but I'm really concerned for BIL and baby safety. Have you ever been prescribed morphine for endometriosis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nope- not at all....
    Anonymous

• Endometriosis is different for every woman. It can cause horrible, debilitating pain or just be slightly more cramping and discomfort during a monthly period. The scar tissue can be little - to nonexistant or it is so bad that the woman can't conceive. My own case of Endo is middle of the road. I refuse to take pain medication for it as I am already on meds for my migraines and I hate taking pills. There is medication that will put the endo in stasis (pause) but it literally gives a women medically induced menopause. There is NO cure for Endo. Just management. That being said, I don't doubt that morphine would be an OPTION but not something to be used without thought of continued doctoring. I would approach the subject carefully. Do more research on common meds used/prescribed and then have DH help you.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Most doctors do not like prescribing morphine unless its very very serious, because of the high risk of addiction. However, I have endometriosis and somedays I have a hard time even getting out of bed with it. I can't walk, or move, and I'm in so much pain I can't function. My doctor prescribed me percocet, which I usually took 2 at a time for the pain. While I personally have never been given morphine, I don't doubt that it could be an option. Percocet is only one step down from that , and my doctor has no problem prescribing them to me. If you are worried she might be addicted though, I agree with PP and approach the subject very carefully, as most people who are addicted to pain killers of any kind are some of the last to want to admit a problem, because they are afraid of the pain that they will have to face. Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I doubt any dr prescribed it for endo. If her pain is that severe then they would recommend a hystorectomy which would solve 99% of her problem.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thnx gypsy ireally wasn't sure since I've never suffered from it. She mskes me nervous because she obsessivley talks about her morphine and says she comesdown and needs more.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

Steff107