What goes around comes around...

So. My baby's father just stopped talking to me 2 months ago. Up until then he was very into me, our unborn son, future. Well..This seemed to me when he was "down and out". He was out of work on workman's comp. from an accident he had 2 years ago and going through a custody battle. When he won custody and found out he had 150,000 + coming from that he just up and left. I talked to him once. While he was drunk. He said he loved me, missed me, and wanted to have lunch the following Monday to work things out. Well...never did! So now - I find out today that the guardian at litem is suggesting his ex-wife gets custody. That she has got her life together and will be most likely getting the kids. Now that everything is going down like this - I am getting blocked calls, I know are him. He was SO excited to find out we were having a boy - but when he won custody my son seemed treated different and loved less..obviously

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Before this..we were very much in love - I never understood why he left and never got an explaination either. We found out we were having a boy 5-4 and he stopped calling and coming around Mother's Day! Up until now I would have done just about anything to get him back. I know he has been messing with another girl and told me the one time we did speak that if I wasn't pregnant I would be doing the same thing. Well..I had plenty of chances and didn't wouldn't. period. Anyways...question is - if this is him trying to come back - what should I do? I want me son to have a father but if I'm just going to be around when he has nothing better..ya know? During this time he wouldn't give me the time of day..changed his number - saw me in public and hid his face - wouldn't even look at me. and I am 7 months pregnant with his son. I do still love him.....idk what to do
    KARMA'S A BITCH, HUH?
    Anonymous

• Be strong and whatever he is up to don't go for it. Keep in touch for your son's sake but no more. Don't be his second choice back up plan. File for child support when your son is born to ensure your son is at least taken care of by him financially. Unfortunately you can't change the way he is so he may never be the ideal dad to your son but none the less he is still his biological father and the door should be open for their relationship. It won't be easy but nothing worth while ever is. Just don't let him manipulate you into a fruitless relationship of frustration and heartache between you and him!!

Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Don't you dare take him back! File for custody and child support once your son is born, and allow him to see your son if he wants. But please don't take him back! Stay away from him and find someone worthy of your time and attention. You deserve SO much better.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009