catholics and body art AND clothing

so i was reading this info page and it said that catholics generally do not judge on piercings or tats as long as they are not demonic or they damage the body ie cause you to have issues breathing etcetc...so its cant be ding harm to your body like that. and they should be kept to a tasteful minimum. is that true for most catholic church's? also it said for one catholic college that women were nto allowed to wear pants, even if they were jogging or on sports teams they had to wear skirts or dresses at all times. is this true with catholics? cause ive never seen that practiced so much with catholics

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "o its cant be ding harm to your body like that. and they should be kept to a tasteful minimum. is that true for most catholic church's?"

Yes. All Catholic churches take their directives from the Vatican so they'll follow the same.

" also it said for one catholic college that women were nto allowed to wear pants, even if they were jogging or on sports teams they had to wear skirts or dresses at all times. is this true with catholics? cause ive never seen that practiced so much with catholics"

Not true with Catholics in general. That's the dress code for THAT SCHOOL.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm not catholic, but our rival HS was a catholic HS, and all of the girls wore normal uniforms for sports, and they were able to wear pants everyday but either Tuesday or Friday when they had to wear a skirt or dress.

But the girls all wore normal sports uniforms, including the tiny volleyball bunnies, cheerleading uniforms, basketball and track shorts.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I've never heard of that for catholics but pentecostal woman always have to wear long skirts or dresses but if they're doing sports then they have to wear sweat pants. But pretty much catholics are the same as christians when it comes to what you can and cannot wear.
    Anonymous

• I have 3 tats and go to church every sunday and they have never said anything to me or looked at me in a diff way, now the whole no pants thing is sort of right. I mean in cathloic college and HS u arent aloud to wear pants and will be sent home if u do. but u can wear them to church
    Anonymous

• yea i figured that school was just a little extreme. i mean how in the world do you go jogging in a dress? lol. that would soo not be comfortable
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• why would you be able to wear pants to church but not school? i would think it would be the opposite actually
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I went to a Catholic co-ed college and we were pants, shorts, skirts and sometimes even jammies to class. Just depended on the mood. I am not sure I was ever told what type of clothes to wear.
    Anonymous

• There are a few very traditional Catholic schools where women would wear skirts and not pants - but that certainly isn't all Catholic schools (or even most of them). Catholicism is a world-wide faith and so there are different ways of practicing the faith. Some are more traditional - with Masses said in the traditional Latin and women wearing head coverings and skirts. There are also Charismatic Catholics and Catholics with tatoos and piercings.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Catholic Schools generally have uniforms, but every Catholic college I know about has no particular dress code and the kids dress like kids in any college. The school I went to was affiliated with the Methodist Church, but they didn't have us observe any Methodist traditions or rules. It is the same with most Catholic affiliated colleges. I am sure there are exceptions....but definitely not most of them in this country.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009