black nursrey?

would you do the new trend and paint your nursery black? I think its depressing but thats just me...what would yall do?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no i wouldnt do that. i dont care if its in style or not lol. i like bright and happy colors
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think that it would be depressing and it shouldnt be, it should be a happy place
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt paint the whole nursery black . nope.

But 4years ago when I was pregnant with my first daughter, I did buy all black furniture for her room, and painted a 3rd of the wall black and the rest pink and white polkadots.
    It looks very cute~! and not gothic or depressing lol
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 3:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh no black that is a horrible color for a nursery! Bright colors help their brains develope, that would only shut them down(lol, I don't know that for sure).
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt pain the walls black but the crib i have is "expresso" so black lol. But my babys room is all jungle! We have vines all over the walls and on the cealing. I love it i wish it was my room lol
    Anonymous

• it makes sence babies can only see in three colors black white and red for the first while and white furnatirue with black walls would make a big impact and allow the baybs vision things to focus on i wouldnt do it but i can understand why its being done
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 4:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If the whole room was black white and red that would make sense, but why not leave the walls white with red and black furniture?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Uh, no. My daughter painted one of her walls black and the rest a deep red (Japenese theme) with a white comforter. It looked ok but we ended up covering the balck wall with gold instead. I don't think a black wall is necessary for a baby nursery. I would use any different color than that.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would do the bottom half of the walls black, and the top half pink and white poka dots. That'd be cute. But not all black.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I wanted the black crib and stuff, but that's it. Painting the walls and stuff wouldn't look good at our house. Black/espresso colored woods coordinates well with the rest of the furniture in our house. I like it. It's not depressing unless you MAKE it depressing.

It would've been a nice accent color with the bedding I chose. I also thought that if I did get the black crib, we'd be able to use it for the rest of the kid's life because it'd turn into a regular-sized bed (what if my child doesn't like white or pink?). I ended up co-sleeping and getting a $99 play-yard instead. :)
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009