When you clean house, does your SO even notice?

Just curious. I'm constantly cleaning and sometimes when I want a little recognition I ask if he noticed anything. He usually doesn't notice!

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think so I just think he doesn't care. Unless he knew I wanted help, then sees I'm done.. He always says aww It looks great hon. instead of actually helping. Its ok tho. I would rather him recognized I have been cleaning all day, then help me. I don't like how he cleans. lol. The last time I asked him to clean the living room there was a pile of toys, clothes, blankets and garbage in one corner of the room that he made and he vacuumed around it. THAT to him was clean. lol. No thanks hon.. I'll do it myself.

LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• O He notices, even if I have to take him by the hand, escort him to the room and point out all the 'stuff' I did.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No he only notices when there r toys on the floor or I make something frozen for dinner, He has the nerve to say his Mom is more picky- but she has grown children, mine r little.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes, now ask me if he cares? He only cares that it's done, the Pope could come by and clean the kitchen floor, fold laundry, dust the light fixtures and make him his favorite meal and I'd swear he'd say 'what's with the hat dude?'. He's a man so it doesn't matter. I don't clean to impress him I clean because I like my house to be clean and because in my mind I'm waiting for David Beckham to knock on my door and ask to use the potty. LOL
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yep, he notices and he thanks me for doing the dishes or cleaning the living room or making dinner... :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Usually no he dosnt but when he trashes the hosue with all of his military stuff that i have to clean and put away or when i finish laundry and he has clean clothes to wear then he notices. But he can tell when im in a bad mood because he didnt say that the hosue looks good when i spent alll day cleaning it. haha
    Anonymous

• yes, because he's cleaning right there with me. this is a co-op.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I used to be the worlds worst housekeeper - seriously. Like, I'm ashamed of it. I was 17-20 years old, first time being the primary house-carer/mom, ect. Anyway, I'm not so bad anymore. I really really try to keep our house clean. So one day I'm fighting with my husband - our usual "who does what and does more" and I was like "You never recognize anything I do." And he (had the friggin nerve to) say "What DO do you?" and I was like "What DON'T I DO - besides actually physically go to a paying JOB!" and he was like "... uh, uh.... When was the last time you scrubbed the toilets?" I was just like 'really? that's all you have - that I don't scrub the toilets?'. UGH. Really, I know I'm not the worlds great housekeeper STILL but our house is presentable most of the time - I clean the kitchen every night, mop once a week, take care of our two children AND HIM - I do everything for him . UGHH. So no. I don't think he notices.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• LOL Ladybuskisses76! So true - except mine isn't David Beckham. I'm not sure who exactly but... someone famous, rich and hot. ;-)
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009