Why the double standard? Why is it more acceptable for men to have many partners throughout there life?

I personally cannot stand men who have been w/ a lot of woman. I know PLENTY of men who feel this way about woman. Of course they'll have sex with a slut, but a lot of men do not want to marry a woman who has had several lovers. Why the double standard? Why does society accept man sluts, but not woman sluts? Why is "OK" for men to screw whatever they want, but not woman? I don't live in this dilusion. To me it is just as disgusting for men to whore around as it is anybody. Does anyone think that it is more acceptable for men to behave like whores, than it is woman? I personally do not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Because women dont have time if they have kids to go sleeping with a bunch of men usually- so they say shes a bad Mom if she gets a sitter one day for a date- that is wrong but people like to gossip that is why.
    Anonymous

• Because men fear our power and can't stand the thought that they aren't as great as they like to think they are and want us to think we can't live without them!
    Anonymous

• I think your right its always been like that. If i guy sleeps with 5 girls in one night then people think that hes awsome but if a girl did that then she is a whore. I dont get it either. I think its just grose and these people should go see a doctor because im sure they have some STD and i would want nothing to do with them.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not every man will sleep with a slut and not every person thinks it's okay for a man to have many partners, or even to have sex before marriage. I sense you might be frustrated with your man and you might want to reexamine what other values he holds that clash with yours. Be true to yourself always.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE

Of course not every man is this way and yes i am frustrated w/ my man....but that is a different question all together.. But this is the way a lot of men feel. Most think it's OK if they have had 100 partners, but they would not want their wife to have had 100 partners. It's a total doubel standard.
    Anonymous

• That is something that's always bothered me too. I have no desire to ever sleep with a man who has had multiple partners. It is a huge turn off to me to know a man has slept around a lot.

If my husband dies while I'm still young enough to remarry I would only remarry a man who had only slept with any wife he may have had in the past, not someone who had slept around.

I know that in the past that has been an issue with women who sleep around being considered sluts while men who slept around were studs, but it's not how I feel at all.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• What is that saying, you ask a man how many partners he's had and divide the answer by 5 to come up with the real number. You ask a woman how many partners and multiply her answer by 3. I find that to be true most of the time.
    Anonymous

• i disagree. My SO loves the fact that I've had a lot of lovers. He's a slut and we understand each other and the need to have multiple partners. I've been married before and my x thought it was hot that so many men wanted me. So I think you are basing your opinion on your own experience and saying that "all" ppl in society think that way. It's not true. Some folks are more sexual than others and enjoy sharing experiences. Their mates appreciate their experiences so they know what they are doing in the bedroom. You sound very angry. I'm sorry you are going through something that is upsetting to you. Howver, in my first marriage my husband sent me home to momma and left me for an older woman bc at the time I had no clue what to do to please him in the bedroom. I didn't get angry. I got educated. If you need education then go get it. I'm sure you can find a tutor or two. Don't think of it as being a slut, but they are teachers!
    Anonymous

• I teach my kids there are 2 kinds of females. The ones you get your experience with and the ones you bring home to Mom.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Anon 5:35 there's nothing hot about so many men wanting you. Men want us women all day, every single day. If you give it to them you are easy. Doesn't make you hot. It makes you female and loose. Any other woman could have done it for the man you thought wanted you so much.
    Anonymous