What is your favorite spice to cook with?

And what do you normally use it on?
i.e. meats, vegetables, pasta, everything, etc.

I'm a good cook, but terrible in the spice department. I never know what really goes with what so I just throw a bunch of everything in. Sometimes it works well...sometimes it does not.

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Garlic and Onion are my absolute favs.

I like to use a mccormick Garlic Sea Salt grinder over a lot of my food. It adds a great flavor and the sea salt is healthier than regular table salt.

I try to use Garlic Powder or Onion Powder more often than the salt versions to get away from using too much salt. They add great flavors as well.

Celery salt is something I used to use a ton, Just haven't in a while, no big reason just haven't been doing as much in depth home cooking.

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• garlic, thyme, rosemary, dill, oregano, basil, fennel, parsley

You name them I love to use them. Garlic is my all time fav though. I use it in everything. Meat, fish, poultry, veggies and pasta.

Answer by frenzied at 4:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Depends on what I am making. I use a lot of thyme, basil, rosemary, garlic, onion, parsley and oregano.

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I love garlic - you can use it on just about everything and you can make just about anything taste better with it; except for whatever it is my older sister swears she does in her kitchen - nothing can help that crap. I feel sorry for my BIL.

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• garlic and basil both go well on anything...
    I do make a combo that is good on everything too
    equal parts of the following:
    fresh ground black pepper
    celery salt
    garlic salt
    onion salt

I make gallons at a time

Answer by mamakirs at 4:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ladybug, lol. I have a SIL like that!

• garlic

Answer by Apr1l at 4:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• garlic

Answer by acjadams at 4:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Garlic all the way!!!! It goes well with everything!! And also salt and pepper (obviously) onion powder, oregano, parsley, and paprika!!

Answer by AriMicSun at 4:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I use lots and there are tons of rub and spice blend recipes that you can find recipes for that are FABULOUS!

but my all time favorite is garlic. lol

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009