cash for gold?

there is this cash for gold kiosk at the mall by my house and i was wondering if you ladies had ever done that and what you thought about it. I have a few old costume jewelry like things that i cant use and i figured why not get a few bucks for it! any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think they'll take costume jewlery, I thought it had to be real gold in order for them to take it. I could be wrong tho.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• A friend of mine took some jewelry she never wore, including some gold chains, earrings. single earrings, finger rings, and she got enough money, much to my surprise, to buy a computer. Her thought was that if she never used it, why not get some money for it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I just did this! Yes, it has to be real gold, but it is absolutely for real... I took in a pile of crap, broken necklaces, earrings that I would just never wear again, etc... I was hoping the guy would give me at least $100 for it, but instead he gave me.... $770!!!! I SWEAR!!! I came home and asked DH to guess what I got, he said, "$70?" I said, "ADD $700 TO IT!!!" We were so freaking excited, we were giddy the entire day. Apparently the price of gold is VERY high right now, I would recommend cashing in before it drops again. And you are under no obligation, if you don't like the price you just say no thank you and leave. I wouldn't recommend those mail in places though, that seems a bit fishy... but if its in person, what do you have to lose? Try it and let me know, I'm curious =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I sent in some stuff and got back $408.00 I was so happy!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If this is old costume jewelry then take it to an auction house! You'd be surprised at what the older stuff can bring in. We took a bag that the jeweler didn't want to auction and got almost $200 from it!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• ya my daughters owns a jewelry store and has gold parties all the time.they have a machine that says what amount of gold the item is.they usually wont give you small stones back.i really dont understand how it works but she said they do make a percentage of it.i wanted to remount my diamond so my daughter said bring in all your gold that you dont want so i did and got 800.00$like everything else though gold will o down and nobody will sell it so get rid of it now when the selling is good...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009