????????? I dont want to start sh**

If your baby brother was headed down a very dark path (19yrold) and had REALLY bad friends.....like ppl giving him alcohol at 18 and allowing him to drive and get a dui.......and now he is possibly using meth!?!? Would you call the cops and rat the people dealing the meth? They are giving it to him......not to mention IM PRETTY sure thy have 2 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I cant control my brothers life, but its natural to try and protect him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely I would
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i would too-as a recovering addict myself-i can tell you that was the worst mistake of my life and cost me too many years. its a hard habit to break... :( but i would do it anon. and dont tell ANYONE!
    Anonymous

• I think you need to realize that your brother is the one taking all this stuff. He's choosen to drink and drive. He got the DUI, he choose to drink the beer, no-one shoved it down his throat. He is also choosing to do drugs..once again no-one made him. If the dealer has kids, I would call CPS. But you do need to understand that he has choosen this.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• yes. especially with kids being envolved. You may not be able to help your baby brother (he is an adult!) but it would help the kids to be out of there and also any other person who is thinking of getting into it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• op~Im not really worried about the dealers..........they live a LONGGGGGGGGG ways from me like 700 miles. They are not like top of the food chain either lol
    Anonymous

• Even if you're brother has "chosen" this, as a PP stated, of course it's natural to want to help him. I would report these people anonomously. Just because he did the drugs himself doesn't mean you have to stand by and watch as he sinks deeper and deeper. So what if nobody made him? Now is the time to act before it gets worse.
    Anonymous

• UMMM, I KNOW he is choosing what he is doing! but he has HORRIBLE friends, they are so much older and they use him, and probably laugh at him....they arent really his friends. I CAN STILL TRY TO HELP HIM!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I never said you can't stand by him. But, it's been my experience that if someone is doing meth, they have to choose to get better. Hopefully before they hit rock bottom, sometimes it takes hitting that point though. You can help him, listen if he wants to talk, but as far as trying to force him into any kind of help it might just push him farther away.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Make the call anonomously. But I would be calling if it was sister (she's 19). She does drink....eh....but she doesnt do drugs. But I'd step in if I knew she was in danger, even if it meant her being angry with me.
    Anonymous

• I would report them simply because they are part of the chain in the serious problem we have with drugs right now. And because they have children. That is no way for children to be raised. They will only turn out just like their parents, fostering would be the best thing for them. Those children's lives are in danger every time their parents make a batch of meth. And things always end badly for dealers, their children don't deserve to be a part of that.

Report them and hope for the best for your brother. He can just find new people to buy from. He needs an intervention.
    Anonymous