Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do about him?

My son will be 2 next month. His biological dad has never seen him hes not on the birth cerditicate and doesnt pay child support. He got in touch with me about two months ago we were fine as friends untill I asked him about our son he never asks about him hed rather talk to me and flirt and I made him stop flirting bc im about our son thats all. so I said he could visit once a month bc were in differnt states, pay for things our son needs as only if I need help, he could see him once a month and pay biweekly child suppoet or we can go to court and he can back track things prand possibly get no vists or he can sign a tpr and wont have any obligations anymore. He said he wants me to giv eour son to him and I have nothing bc i dont deserve him he had a personal protection order on him when our son was born bc he was very verbally abusive and harassed me 24/7 via txt so he wasnt alloud to be around untill our son was 6 months old

Answer Question

Asked by mocamomma22 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Stop talking to him..He sounds no good.

    Answer by louise2 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • continued... when the PPO dropped i called him and asked if he wanted to know our son he wanted to hit on my talk about my breasts and his motorcycle so I stopped tlaking to him untill he got in touch about a month ago ransomly...he drinks all the time and smokes weed occationally he lives with his g/f and three other kids 6, 3, 1month old, i tried to work things out really hard i feel bad but my son deserves better then him as a father. Do i walk away or I go court on him, or what?

    Answer by mocamomma22 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • Dont talk to him- just go apply for child support let the court talk to him not you. If he wants to visit let the court know about his drinking and your past order of protection- ask for supervised visits if he even wants to see the child, but I would go to court and get money for ur child to have a better life.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • Run the other way! He sounds no good for your child. How much money would he even end up giving you? Is it even worth messing with? I totally believe in child support, but I have given up mine for the sake of my dd. I do have an order so it is racking up back pay, but he hardly ever pays. I let it slide because I don't want his bad influence on our dd. The courts will not protect your child and if you go for support it is very likely that he will get visitation. Anyway just my 2 cents, btu Im not risking my daughters emotional security for grocery money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • file for child support through the courts. Don't even offer visitation. Make him go to court and ask for it. Make him show he even wants it but he has to work for the priviledge...even though legally he does have rights! lol Let his lawyer tell him that. you don't have to offer any info. Keep it all formal. Even if he behaves now he might stop paying or even not bring the child back. Don't give yourself grief. Do the C.S. thing and make everything official with a court order, even visitation.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • Just file for child support. So, you won;t have to talk to his dumbass everytime you need money.

    Answer by youngmm at 6:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.