Is he making this up or is my house haunted?

about a month ago my son started crying if i asked him to put something in his room whether it be toys put away or shoes he said he's scared cuz there's a man in his closet. opened all the closets and showed him there was nothing in there. After i prayed over my house he didn't complain of a man anymore. now he says there's a woman in MY closet but he's not scared he just says it like nothing. we never watch any scary movies or talk about ghost and he never goes 2 anyones house without me so i don't know whether or not to believe him. now he says he doesn't want to sleep in his room because there's a monster in his closet. the first thing that comes to mind is "monsters inc" and "the cat in the hat"

felicia7806

Asked by felicia7806 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is possible. Children are said to be more suusceptible(sp?) to the spirit word. My cousins have all seen Ghosts. Family members that had passed away before their births.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. It is possible that he is seeing some sort of "spirit." I have heard of it happening before where children see people in or around their home and when the parents' check into it, it turns out there was a person by that name that fits the decription of the child, who is deceased now. Creepy I know. Is there any way you can have a pastor come bless your house? I am moving into a new home in a couple days that used to be the home of a 92 year old woman who passed away (not in the house) but I'm not taking any chances. My uncle is a pastor and he is coming over to bless the house before we move in.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's hard to say! I had some exoeriences when I was a child but didn't figure it out until later on.Kids are more open to these things because they don't have the disbeleif that we as adults do. Yes it could be imagintion, but it' hard to tell. But don't be scared because he'll be scared. If you ever want to talk pm me anytime, I have much exp in this area!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would continue to pray with your son-- So as he grows he knows how to deal with scary feelings.. I wouldn't worry if he it is real or not being scared just the same needs some comforting
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It could be....we just moved from a house where my dd was having nightmares and seeing things. I even saw things. Now we have had no problems since we moved. I believe in the supernatural.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My 5 year old used to tell me all sorts of stuff like this. My guy has a very vivid imagination. I just told him there was no such things as ghosts and there is nothing under your bed but sometimes he was still fearful. The ghosts are most likely not real but his fear is just comfort him:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2009