does anyone have any tips for me?

im about to start cooking dinner. we are having shake-n-bake pork chops. instead of using shake-n-bake, i was going to use breadcrumbs because i want them to come out more crunchy. does anyone have any tips for making them more crunchy and any seasonings i should use? i dont want them to be bland because im using breadcrumbs...thanks :)

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I throw crumbled potato chips in or soda crackers for added crunch. and season it with garlic and other spices.

or you can make a seasoned flour - dredge the chops in that then egg wash and then the breading.

now I'm hungry...lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• wet them first, and just put in any seasonings you want, I like pepper and garlic salt
    Anonymous

• if you have any pre-packaged seasoning packets, they work well. they also sell a spice called "italian seasoning," which works. if you like, just shake on some tony chachere's or other season-all into the breadcrumb mix, and even add some parmesan cheese for an extra bit of flavor.

i've never used shake and bake but what i do to make breaded meats more crunchy is sear it in a pan with very light EVOO for a few seconds on either side, then bake it as usual.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I love using Tony Cachere's or any other cajun seasoning. They are not too spicy, and add a lot of flavor. Just make sure you don't add extra salt as the cajun seasonings are most of the time already loaded with sodium. I also buy some flavored bread crumbs, they are garlic and herb flavored.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• goldfish crackers add an awsome crunch ive doen it beofore and it tates good also ive herd of captan crunch havent tried it yet so i cant say how it tastes
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 5:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009