do you feel its right for child care providers at a daycare to spank your child?

what is too much? hand popping, popping with ruler? belt? switch? at all?

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• no-if my child is misbehaving, put him in time out or call me and i will deal with it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• NONE!!! I don't touch my kid so neither can you!! If a daycare provider wanted to spank my kid I would tell them I'm taking them some where else. That is not right. My MIL is a daycare provider and if a child does something wrong she puts them in the time out chair and she documents everything bad that they do. Say they bite a child, she documents it and lets the parent handle it. If they do so many bad things within a day she calls the parent to let them know whats going on, sometimes she'll send them home if they are way out of hand.
    Anonymous

• day care providers should not be spanking children period. I would pull your child out of that day care and press charges if you have proof. I worked at one and the only thing they are allowed to do is time out.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No I dont think anyone else should spank my child..I may give my parents that right, but I would never give it to school or day care.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't like anyone spanking my child. I'm very picky with what I consider to be a behavior to warrent spanking. Hand slapping and telling no and time outs might be ok, depending on the situation.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Absolutely not!
    Anonymous

• Heck no....Im the only person to do that. I even tell the school that they are not paddleing my kids. I took a day care class and you are not allowed to spank you can redirect them by time out but thats all
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 5:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• NO ONE should spank a child! If a daycare provider did it to my child, I would have them up on charges. If I hit another adult who is misbehaving, I will be charged with assault and battery, same should be true when hitting a child.
    Anonymous

• No, I would be very upset if a caregiver spanked my child. I liked having an au pair for that very reason among others... you know they will follow the family rules and be like a family member and they are instructed in their training to never spank a child. It's always better to talk to children and explain what is wrong and caregivers should always report any difficulties they are having with the children to the parents...let me know if you want to find out any more about the option of getting an au pair to care for the children...
    AK6

Answer by AK6 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• This can't possibly be at an actual licensed center, they would be closed down for this at minimum, people could press charges for this! No, there is way a daycare provider should spank or any of the other things you mentioned, PERIOD. There are NO exceptions.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009