how long did you wait?

okay so i am not divorced yet but we have been sepereated for two months and we have a one year old daughter. i have been talking to this guy for about a month now and im really starting to like him. I feel bad because the divorce isnt final and there is no way of my ex finding out because my b.f lives a few towns over and i always go there instead of him coming here. how long did you ladies wait after splitting with your ex before dating someone else? am i wrong for seeing someone already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I met my fionce a week and a half after I left my ex...fell in love and we are now engaged!!! I didn't wanna date anyone though...it was love at first sight and we just knew
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had a brief fling with a friend of mine right after my divorce was final. I am actually only just now in a serious relationship since my divorce, and it's been almost 6 yrs. But I love him, and we're just...meant to be. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is when it's right, it's right. If you feel it's right with this guy, then great. The only thing I will caution you with is to be very careful, b/c if he does find out, he can try to use it against you. I don't think you're wrong, but if he wants to be vindictive, he can find a way to twist it to make you look like the bad guy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'd wait. Your daughter is so little and to be losing her dad, I'd focus on her. If its meant to be with the new guy, he'll wait.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My lawyer told me that the day the dissolution of marriage is filed for I could start living as a single woman again and go back to dating. That's exactly what I did.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope. You are entitled to be happy after a divorce. I say go for it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• `I think it is according to how long you have been married. The longer it takes a year to get through your feeling about someone who has hurt you and to find your true self again. You need to make yourself happy even if your lonely. Go out with friends family. Find out who you are and what happen in your realtionship first so you don't repeat the same pattern. Trust me it will be worth the wait.
    butterflymom39

Answer by butterflymom39 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If you really feel like youre truly over your ex..go on with your life.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My fiance met me 3 months after his ex-wife moved out/left him. All my friends warned me that I was the rebound girl. I was patient with him because I knew he was really special and wonderful. It took a while - like 9 months for him to tell me he loved me. But then he proposed 2.5 years after we met. So even though it was very soon after he was separated (and the divorce was final a year later) we fell deeply in love and became very close.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you guys have made me feel a lot better thank you!
    Anonymous