Is there life after depression?

I have been up and down for over 15 years now. I'm on meds for it. Have had health issues. I just want my life and spunk back. God help me. In Jesus name I pray. Thank you for all the blessings I have received. Amen

AngelMary

Asked by AngelMary at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• Yes there is life after depression. Take it one day at a time and keep on praying. Glad to hear you are taking meds...have you seen a counselor as well. It is my understanding that meds work best when used with therapy. Not everyday is great...some days are just life...keep plugging along!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes I do see some one. Have not lately. Don't always feel like this. Mostly when I'm alone, usually at home.
    Anonymous

• Maybe take a walk, read a book at the park...get out in the sunshine. Its good that you recognize when it occurs.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I know how you feel. I suffer from panic and anxiety disorder (18 years). I can't drive or work anymore. All the meds I've tried have the worst side effects and I'd rather feel normal and stay home. I started making jewelry 5 years ago......it's relaxing and I make alittle money too. I can go out and shop with my hubby on weekends, but that's about it. I find that sitting out on the porch with a good book sure helps, and in the winter months, I sit by a window with lots of sunshine and read. Sometimes a nice nap in the afternoon perks me up too. Do you have a pet? A nice walk helps too
    Sweet-T

Answer by Sweet-T at 7:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009