Did you suffer from postpartum depression?

It's been 2.5 months since I gave birth to my baby and I am still feeling depressed. I spoke to my doctor at my 6 wks pp checkup and she said it was normal and not to worry. I don't feel normal, I didn't feel so depressed for so long after I had my first baby but this time I just am so down in the dumps.

If someone here has been diagnosed with PPD
Who diagnose you (your obgyn, psychologist, primary care physician)? What kind of therapy were you placed on? Did it help?

TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• I started feeling depressed around 2.5-3 months. And finally got help at about 11 months. I told my husband what I felt..... it wasn't something I was proud of at all. Very much ashamed.... he called the MPs and family advocacy came over. I was put in a Crisis Recovery Center and spent 10 days there. My MIL came up to take care of my daughter while my husband had to come back from Iraq on emergency leave. I was put on anti depressants and now 10 months later I am off the meds. Feeling much happier and still seeing my counselor and a therapist. I wish I would have gotten help sooner because it probably would not have gotten as bad as it did.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i had sever ppd i was diagnosed at 1 week.. it was that bad.. i was put on meds and saw a counsolor/phyciatrist. every week.. then slowley every 2 weeks.. and so on.. my LO is now 1 year old and i still have some bad days.. but i am off my meds and only have to go to the dr every 3 months... call your ob's office and ask if they have a phyciatrist on staff, or call the hospital.. ppd is a very dangerous thing if un treated.. also just talking can help... if you ever need to talk you can pm me...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you both
    ~OP
    Anonymous