Does your husband procrastinate bad?

My dh does, and it is affecting our marriage. He has been this way since we got married, and it was hard then...and even harder now. I've told him many times in the past, that it affects our marriage, and that I end up sub-conciously resenting him due to this. But he does nothing to change it.
We've been married 8 years now, and I am at my wit's end. I have love for him, and want this to work...but right now, it feels like a one way street.
Here's just 1 example for you. We bought our home 4 years ago, 1 year after we bought it we had a flood in the master bathroom. He told me he didn't want to file w/ our homeowner's ins., and that he'd fix it himself. He'd also update the bathroom while he was at it. We purchased ALL the materials that he'd need...sink, tile, everything. 3 years later...it is still un-useable. No where near done...and 100% un-useable. There's more...but I won't bore you. lol.
What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Hire somebody.

I live with something similar, too. We had our kitchen redone, and it needed painting. Holidays came and went and still no painting - I don't mind doing it, but I don't like to do it myself. A week before Christmas the following year, he painted it in one night. There were ceiling repairs that needed to be done, they are still there, but at least the painting is done. Last time we had a painting issue, about 10 years before, I finally hired somebody. When the yard work doesn't get done, I hire somebody. When my husband sees the money being spent on something he promised to do, next time he probably does it.

Answer by Bmat at 6:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes...I've actually considered doing that. We live in Florida, and the lawns grow fast. I am lucky if he mows it once a month. It's embarrassing, and frustrating. I painted our entire living room and dining room over a year ago. With promises of hanging the trim for me...that he has still NOT done.
    I mean, other than work outside the home...he does not lift a finger around here. It's getting so bad, that he has started leaving dirty dishes in the living room at night...only to be found by me in the am. All hard & nasty from whatever he was eating the night before. Yuck.
    Anonymous

• He won't even take out the trash or bring the cans to the curb. Oh my gosh...he is driving me nuts.
    Anonymous

• my dh is the same way, we bought laminate wood flooring 2 years ago and they are still in the package collecting dust. the box where my sons crib came in is still in here and my baby is 21mths old. my kitchen is only half way done with painting, he started painting it about a year ago, still waiting for the results. he drives me nuts.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009