Are there any grandmothers out there that are rasing their grandchildren?

mbarnhill1

Asked by mbarnhill1 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Good Gosh, thank goodness NO--not in my family. Both Grandma's are not ever going to do this!!!
    Anonymous

• I have but he's 19 now.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have in the past, but thankfully, they are all back with their parents now. I do babysit my 3(in Aug) year old grandson 5 days a week, while his mom works, I've been doing this since he was 3 months old.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am legal gardian to my 20 year old sisters 4 children. She is in jail for trying to kill all three of them. She basically was starving them to death. The kids were 3, 2 and 1 when they came to my home. She was pregnant with the 4th still that child came to me right after she gave birth she was not allowed to even hold the baby because of her cruelty. The three and two year old were only 12 and 11 lbs. The one year old was only 8lbs. They were on deaths door when a nosey neighbor thankfully called when they saw she left without the kids. The police came in and found all three kids in a crib in bloated diapers. The kids were covered in sores had severe diaper rash and all were very malnorished. They were all in the hospital for months. They came to my home and we nursed them back to health. I have 6 kids already but we welcomed these little ones. I hope my sister rots in jail. We are going to adopt them all.
    Anonymous

• I just look like a grandmother...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009