Ear Piercing

Where is the best place you've found to get your DD's ears pierced? I know that some pediatriciatns offices' do it, and other people do claire's in the mall, or a tattoo place, but where do most of ya'll go?? My pedi office doesn't do it! Thank you!!

babyruby02

Asked by babyruby02 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found that a jewelers is clean and they have all the jewelry youd want too. My family has sensitive ears. We cant wear fake silver or gold it makes our lobes swell and hurt badly
    Anonymous

• I am sure anywhere you go would be good, Just make sure they open the earrings in front of you and use alcohol pads to clean everything including the gun! I just took my neice to claires last month but I also pierce ears at the pedatric office I work at!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 5:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• As long as she's had her shots you can go to Claire's that is where we got our daughters done, then her doctor checked them and it was fine. Make sure there is someone on each side to do it or else one will come out messed up because she'll scream and move around so the second one can't get done. But if she hasn't had her shots then they will not do it.
    Anonymous

• I would call plastic surgeons' offices. You don't want to go to the Mall, most jewelry stores use a piercing gun which causes more trauma to the ear lobe, and the piercing stays sore longer. You want someone who uses a needle, but I wouldn't trust a tattoo parlor, either, because of equipment sterilization concerns. If you're going to do this, optimally, you want a doctor to do it.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Personally I don't have any daughter's (I have three boys!)...I would give HER the chance to choose if she wants to have pierced ears when she gets older...I don't get piercing babies ears...
    Anonymous

• From what I have heard.....using a needle to pierce is illegal. I took my dd to claire's. She was 11 weeks and she did GREAT! The lady was nice and knew what she was doing. Aside from a 2 second whimper, My dd never complained a bit. And afterward, we gave her a tiny bit of tylenol and she never bothered them at all.....and still don't and she's 7 months.
    Anonymous

• I've only ever gone to Piercing Pagoda in the mall. Never had a problem with them. They did my DD's ears and we had no problems.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The notion that piercing with a needle is illegal is idiotic. The minimum wage jewelry mall employee at Claire's has absolutely no specific training in piercing, I know this because I used to DO IT when I worked in a jewelry store. So if it comes down to someone who has no training (in things like infection control!) or a doctor, I'll take the doctor every time, especially if this is my child's ears we're talking about.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i took my daughter to the piercing pagoda at the mall. I made sure that the lady that did it was used to doing babies. I was going to go to claires but when i went there it was just a couple of young teenagers working.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If you MUST
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009