Why does all the information that true psychics get come from the devil?

i don't understand. There are people in the bible who were "told by God" to do such and such and that makes them holy, but if a psychic says they got their info from an outside source it is automatically of or from the devil. I just don't get it. How do we know that all these modern day "prophets" aren't being lead by the nose by the devil himself? How can anyone know exactly who is talking to someone?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are no true phychics. They are just good at reading people. The can read body language, emotions, expressions, etc

I do readings on line. How can I possibly be reading body language or emotions or expressions when I can't even see them?  I think that you know who's real and who's fake by the fruits of their efforts--isn't that what Jesus said?  If the fruits are positive and good, that speaks well for their talents being real.  If they only predict doom and gloom and want you to give them money to "fix" it, they are obviously fakes.  It's not that hard, really.  I can easily tell who's fake and who isn't.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We can't know for sure, but I personally don't believe anyone is being lead by the "devil" at this moment in time. Psychics deal with the dead and the afterlife, not the Devil himself.
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Psychics aren't real. ONLY God,and God ONLY knows what is in store for our lives. Anyone else trying to say they do is lying,and making stuff up. Sorry to be so blunt,but it's the truth. Don't know if they get it from the devil,but they sure are fakes.
    Anonymous

• If a person claims to be a physic or that he/she hears voices from "God" or whomever in my opinion they could be having a schizophrenia episode where they can't distinguish between fantasy and reality.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 6:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There are no true phychics. They are just good at reading people. The can read body language, emotions, expressions, etc. God's word tells us to be careful. There are false teachers everywhere. Modern day prophets included. You can tell by matching up what they say with God's word. Only God knows what is coming for us. Our steps are ordered by the Lord. So only He knows.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree with what mykidsmaid,and the first anon said. Very well said, both of you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ok, mykidsmaid, how do you explain the readings I myself have done online? How in the world can I "read body language, emotion, expressions,etc..." if I can't even see the person I am reading? And that still doesn't explain why so many people are willing to accept that the people in the bible (Jesus included!) where actually talking to "god" but no one today is.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• wow, I can't believe these answers. I definitely believe in the ability of mediums. I've seen fine examples of them.. and no I didn't pay for their services. I think because of what a few did in the past... they all have a bad rep now however.

but whatever.. if someone can't accept this gift some have.. it is their loss
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I can't explain the readings you have done on line. Explain to me how you can do a reading on line without meeting someone. I still believe there are no true psychics. Only God knows the future. That is what I believe and I stand with that.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 6:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh, and I do believe people today talk with God. The secret to that is knowing His voice.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009