Have you had a child or known anyone with a child who had Torticollis?

My daughter has been diagnosed with it and she favors one side so her head is crooked and I was wondering what they do at physical therapy? Do they always perform suregery for it??? Advice please
-Thank you!!!

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby had it. They basically do range of motion exercises (rolling the neck and such). No surgery necessary here.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 6:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My son has it and just had his appt with the Neurologist a week ago and he's almost 11 months old. I have yet to get the call from the Dr for the physical therapy, but the Neuro said that its VERY RARE that surgery has to be done. That most babies can do their own range of motion exercises. He said he has also seen babies that their parents have done nothing and they have improved.
    Good Luck though :-)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The son of a friend of mine had it. PT, no surgery.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009