They r taking over n my confidence is low... Pls help

I have had excessive amount of acne on my forehead... It's not going away no matter what I use or how hard I scrub. Is that normal. Bcuz when I would have my period I would just get the occasional pimple on my chin. N now I just have a lot of little bumps on my forhead... How can I get rid of them n keep them away?!

Mamicela87

Asked by Mamicela87 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to wash a couple times everyday with a scrub then use an astringent after plus sometimes I used an acne cream on top of that
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It is very normal to get acne when pregnant because of all the hormone changes. It is hard to say what works for one person doesnt always work for another. Try different washes, and I always found that astringent worked to keep the oil down!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Be careful with what you use!!!! Really ask a doctor some of that stuff can be very dangerous especially in the first trimester. The only that reall worked was to stop drinking soda and juice. downing tons of water cleared my face up fast, but I also sepnt plenty of time peeing.... ugh there is always a down fall duiring pregnancy
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ask about Benzamycin. It's a prescription topical that works really well...I'm not sure about its safety in pregnancy so you need to ask. I got it AFTER my son was born.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• yeah, i get a lot of acne too when i am pregnant. like pp said, drinking water helps. i use oxy pads a couple times a day and then in the morning and night i use aveeno face scrub (called daily radience i think) and that works good. also try to avoid eating greasy foods and see if that helps.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i've heard that we shouldn't wash our faces more than once or twice a day. the more you scrub, the more it dries out your face, the more your face makes oils to compensate. pregnancy just throws another cork screw into things. baby your skin but let the natural oil do their job by themselves
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009