Drinking strike?

My 14 month old (currently only nurses 1X a day) is in the process of cutting a tooth, and the past 3-4 days she seems to want nothing to do with drinking liquids. I have tried every type of sippy, bottle, and cup we own and she barely will drink anything. I've tried giving her whole cow's milk, water, and diluted juice and get the same response for everything. I'm worried about her getting dehydrated. Is this just a phase?

Sassinaglass

Asked by Sassinaglass at 6:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried different temperatures of drink. Cold, room temperature and warm? If she is teething her mouth maybe quite tender. I would try to give her some teething tabs, motrin..whatever works well for her teething pain and about an hour later..try a drink.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• pedialyte ice pops are what I give my son when I worry about dehydration
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009