A neurological Tic disorder...any moms kids have this?

My son has this and meets with a neuroligist on the 15th of this month. Im wondering if theres any other moms out there with a child that has this condition and what are the dr's doing to help contol the tics? I know they put them on meds but im curious to know what and for how long. Any help would be appriciated. If you would like please send me a message. Thanks.

kimskids123

Asked by kimskids123 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Exactly what do you mean by TIC?
    spasms? or more like Aspergers Syndrome?
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 6:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• He jerks his head to the right and blinks his eyes alot. they are all involuntary and happen alot. He has good days were he doesnt do the TICS alot and bad days were he has the TICS all day long.
    kimskids123

Answer by kimskids123 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i cant help yo8u but i wanted to say my bestfriend in highschool had those, blinking a lot, kicking her leg a lot and head jerks, thats been 15 years back then i dont know if they ahd meds and she got made fun of a lot becuase others didnt understand... hope all goes well for you
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My mom sees a natural Dr. when it comes to my 9 year old sister. She was developing facial tics and they have since cured them by cutting WAY back on her processed foods and sugar intake. There is ALOT of power in cutting back sugar.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2009