I have a store with nothing to sell!! Any ideas?

We opened a store a few months ago with the idea of selling internet out of it. That isn't doing so good so now we need to come up with another game plan. So far we have thought of prepaid cell phone and possibly an ebay store. We have to pay rent on it until January so we would like to keep it going. Any ideas would be wonderful!

McErin48

Asked by McErin48 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've never heard of selling internet, do you mean providing ISP? (Being an internet provider?) I am a home rep for Miche purses but my distributor is always looking for places to put the product, PM me (or send me an email at vwennekamp@hotmail.com) if that might be something you would be interested in and I will get you in contact with her.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's really up to you and what you want to sell. I think with times being tough like they are a consignment shop or a "recession saving" type thirft shop may do well. With a consignment shop you don't really have to find inventory, just people to supply the goods (usualy kids, baby and maternity items), and charge them a percentage of the sale. Of course the thrift shop idea can work as well because being a shop designed for used items you can look for donations, go to yard sales for things in decent shape, craigslist and other such places for inventory!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ha ha .... Yeah I guess I forgot the word "modem" after internet! We sell clearwire modems.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You should sells "green" items. You'd probably make good money and help the planet :o)
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• solar panels

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• how about a consignment clothing store...or just a second hand store period. The economy is tough so people are having/going to yard sales...second hand stores are really in right now. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Used, in good condition, clothes for kids and adults, used household items.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My website gives away free clothing, toys and other stuff. I make nothing on the actual items of course because they are free, but I make a good living on the affiliate links in my blog posts and PPC. I know not what you're looking for, but it will keep you afloat. You can go to my site for an example stuckathomemom.com
    I'm also coming out with an eBook next month with links to legitimate drop shippers and wholesalers who sell hot items that sell fast. My site is thedropshipqueen.com, bookmark it.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Have you thought about doing a consignment shop? You can have people donate to it and give them commission on what is sold or check goodwill type stores for good clothes. Baby and womens clothes work best in my experience.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009