• In the Spotlight:

How can I be the 2 ppl I want to be

This is going to sound weird, but I'm torn into wanting to be 2 ppl, what i mean is, i want to be the religous person I use to be, but lately I've been a bit darker I guess you can say. Listening to punk music and dressing it, thats the way I used to b before I met my husband. Is it possible to be a badass good girl lol? I'm just trying to find who I really am. I have no idea who I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like you still have a lot of soul searching to do so you can figure out who you are.
    Anonymous

• yes, you can be moral and good and still dress and listen to what you want. I think being religious means being good to yourself and others and doing what is right.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Maybe you are asking yourself the wrong question. Maybe the question should be 'Who am I meant to be?'

If you think that what you 'feel' should drive what you do and who you are, then your confusion is natural. If you, as I do, believe that your life has a particular destiny that will make it the best life possible, then that is what you should pursue.

By the way, the culture of music is an influence. Religion is how you observe your faith. Faith is a power for life, a sublime inpiration for being and a context for every choice. You shouldn't be matching culture to faith (religion). There's no comparison.

Angela
    Angebor

Answer by Angebor at 7:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm sorry. let me bottomline my previous answer.

Pursuing a life of faith will help you resove the need to be 'badass'...one way or another.

Angela
    Angebor

Answer by Angebor at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Be both and F anyone who stereotypes you. Why can't you wear a punk outfit to church? It is not being two seperate people, but two aspects of the same person. You need to accept yourself for who you are. Your a religious bad-ass. Trust me, your not the only one out there ;)
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009