Do you let your baby sleep with you?

My daughter is 2 and a half months and she sleeps with me and my bf every night. We breastfeed and it makes it so much easier for me! She doesnt even cry when she's just moves around and as soon as I feel her she eats and then goes back to sleep. Some of my family thinks it's bad to let her sleep with us because then she will be too attached. I don't think its a problem. What's your opinion on this?

loves_her_baby

Asked by loves_her_baby at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it's a problem. I was always scared to have my son sleep with us as a newborn and now that he's used to his crib he won't even take a nap with me. Its good that he will only sleep in his crib but sometimes I just want to cuddle for a nap with my baby but he won't let me :( So enjoy it!
    Anonymous

• Ours were always in their own beds, even breastfeeding.

IT was not a habit I wanted to have to break later and we all slept better in our own beds.
    Anonymous

• I bf and did this for awhile too. When she started sleeping for longer periods of time I moved her to a bassinet next to my bed and that happened at about 4 months. I was always nervous about sids but if she was away from me I would still be nervous about sids and would be up every 2 seconds checking on her and not sleeping anyway. A lot of people will tell you that it will start bad sleeping habits, but use your own judgment. You will know when its time to stop co-sleeping.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• we never pulled ours dd in with us..... ever! The first 2 months we slept on the futon downstairs. Then when she started sleeping through the night at about 2.5-3 months we put her in her crib! I tried pulling her in bed with me when hubby deployed but she gets too excited!!! We still can cuddle on the couch and such but I really like having her in her own bed. Plus hubby and I both were raised that mom and dad need to sleep together to keep the family together.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My baby wouldn't even sleep in her bassanet at the hospital, the only time she would sleep is when we would hae herright in between us, as soon as shes in the bassanet shes awake and screeching til we pick her up. idt its a bad idea, i enjoy eery second with my daughter. :) but yeah, be your own judge. your the mom after all, and i believe that what the parents feel is right is their own choice. :)
    KaeliM

Answer by KaeliM at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• 2 months ago, i wouldve said it wasnt a problem. Now tho, my daughter is almost 5 months and just recently started sleeping with me due to the fact that she started rolling around in her bassinet and i was scared. but now that ive gotten something to fix that, shes back in her bassinet. to answer your question, ive seen a BIGGGGGGG difference in the way she acts towards me since she was sleeping with me. shes more attached.
    Anonymous

• I don't breastfeed, I bottle feed. I used to co-sleep, but now he sleeps in his swing (it's impossible for him to sleep elsewhere, I swear). He's three months old. The only time he sleeps in my bed with me is when I'm too tired to fully wake up in the mornings.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yes i do my mom goes nuts because of it its just me and him dh sleeps on the couch he snores too loud its more comfortable 4 me
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• She slept w/ us the first 8 wks then we moved her to her crib. Now she seems very content to sleep by herself. The few times I"ve brought her in the bed with us she seemed uncomfortable.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009