How do you feel when you are out in public and see a mom whip out a bottle to feed her baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really think this question was made to show society's views on breastfeeding versus formula feeding. Excuse me OP if I am totally off here. But there have been so many (ridiculous IMO) posts about breastfeeding in public (btw, where are all these boob whippers? i have yet to see one!), I believe the OP was trying to show there really is no difference, the child is being fed, and sadly, breastfeeding is the minority. OP, in all honesty I don't feel much of anything when I see it. Just as I wouldn't think much of a breastfeeding mother in public.

ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 8:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I feel like she is feeding her baby. Is this a play on the whip out the boob to breastfeed posts recently? If so, just say you are against bottle feeding and be done with it!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• What the hell is there to feel? Babies need fed! WTF?
    Anonymous

• I feel that her baby is hungry and she's feeding it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It makes me double check my diaper bag to make sure I didn't forget mine.
    Anonymous

• better than whipping out a tit in public besides those who breastfeed also pump into bottles for the soul fact of publicity and their boobage
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I wonder why she is not nursing. Or maybe if she is nursing but too shy to do it in public. I have seen a mom feeding her baby in the bathroom stall and it made me very sad. I wanted to tell her that she didn't need to do that. SO I guess the feeling I get is sad that they don't know what they are missing. By they I mean the mom and baby. I also look to see if it is formula or breast milk.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• "It makes me double check my diaper bag to make sure I didn't forget mine."

I must agree! I religiously check and recheck to make sure I've packed a bottle.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It is a play on the she whipped it out and breastfed her baby...that was the point. I am not against bottle feeding, I have bottle fed my kids on occasion.
    Anonymous

• I'm not missing anything by not breastfeeding. My bond with my daughter is perfectly fine. But thanks for your concern.
    caitxrawks