I would like to become a Wiccan. What should I do first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• something simple for you to do tonight.

go outside, sit down on the earth (not a chair..on the earth) look up at the moon...and just look at it for awhile. tell the goddess you acknowledge her, feel the earth beneath you and thank it for its support, feel the wind against you even if slight and thank it for its uplifting, think about the fire in the sun lighting up the moon and thank it for its life and intensity
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Make up the Goddess you would like to worship.
    Anonymous

• ignore that retard^^^^^^

first off, to be a wiccan you must find a coven, study for a year and a day, and be initiated. otherwise your just a self dedicated pagan. i would do some serious research and reading about Wicca/paganism, and ancient dieties...and STAY AWAY from anything written by Silver Ravenwolf if you ever want anyone in the pagan/wiccan community to take you seriously. i would join a wiccan/pagan group and start asking questions. good luck on your path, and goddess bless.
    Anonymous

• Who exactly is Silver Ravenwolf? I read about her on another site & they recommended a book by her.
    Anonymous

• Silver Ravenwolf is a great woman, don't let other's fool you by saying she isn't. I when I was pagan read her. I was pagan for a few years. But I came to my senses and became a christian. I am asking you why do you want to become a wiccan?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• "first off, to be a wiccan you must find a coven, study for a year and a day, and be initiated"
    not really. if you want to be priestess or something yes....but you can call circles etc etc. and just be a solitary witch. many do that...
    moki1984

• Reconsider
    Anonymous

• Being Wicca doesn't mean you need a coven... there are many wiccans, some practice witchcraft and some don't, some are solitary and some are not...

Look for books by Scott Cunningham or anything in relations to Wicca and read. Punch in Wicca or Wiccan in a google search and browse what pops up... and ask questions... if you like PM me any time...

Being Wiccan is learning all the time but you need to understand the basics of what wicca is and is NOT....

Here are a few sites that may help you and you can find the books on Amazon.com and used ones cheap too... There are groups here on CM that can help you find what you seek also...

<

http://www.paganspath.com/
    http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wicca.htm

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• BTW I am a Wiccan - Witch and there are many of us of different Pagan paths here on
    CM that will be more than happy to help you out with any questions that you might have...

Blessed Be my dear

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if anyone tells your evil for doing this, quote them the three fold law. it doesnt allow you to be evil hah.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009