Is this dumb or what?

One of the dumbest things i've ever seen in my life..

On the thin seal of a pack of marlboro lights it now says across it "Lights does not mean safer...Lights will not help you to quit smoking...it refers to taste"

NAW really? Seriously? Well no shit sherlock! lol ...is ANYONE really that dumb that this is NEEDED? ..If so God help us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama's baby................See how stupid he thinks the population is?
    Anonymous

• Uh, ya. There are stupid people out there. Why do you think McDonalds, Starbucks, and the like have to put "Caution Hot" on a freaking coffee cup? You'd think it'd be obvious - but nope it's not. I know a girl who actually thought light cigarettes did mean they were less harmful. And she smoked.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 7:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She is a total idiot then and a waste of oxygen
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do think that there are people out there who do think that "light" refers to how much tar and nicotine is in the cigarette.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Anonymous
    She is a total idiot then and a waste of oxygen

The same could be said for you if don't realize that there are people that stupid out there. Thanks, God, for the input though. It's always nice to hear from imaginary friends.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree with frogdawg. Tobacco marketing has always been obtuse in their message, so I'm sure there are people who think light means less tobacco.

Don't worry OP, I'm sure Philip Morris is still raking in the cash despite the imposition of more truth in advertising.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She is a waste of Oxygen and should keep puffing away on her cigarettes.Do us all a favor.
    Anonymous

• I saw that a while back on ciggs my dh bought me, at first I was like wtf, but then I guess some people out there are that stupid
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• To answer your q (are ppl really that dumb), yes. The proof is that there are still people smoking cigarettes in the first place.
    Goodwoman614

Answer by Goodwoman614 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I could care less about how much they make or not.I just cannot believe anybody is so dense they'd actually have to be told this in more ways then one as well.I think it is very sad and speaks volumes.
    Anonymous