Graco Car Seats...

Do all graco infant car seats NOT have the front strap (in front of the legs) to tighten the shoulder straps? I car seat was given to me and it looked as though that strap was missing, but the more I look at other graco seats, the more it looks like they don't come with one? SO how do you tighten the shoulder straps if they dont have that front strap?

LandonsMa0403

Asked by LandonsMa0403 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You mean the one little strap that comes out below the buckle between the legs that you pull to tighten? My Graco car seat has that..It's my sons favorite chewing toy lol.
    Anonymous

• If in doubt have seat inspected, or buy a new one.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Some are in the front... but like the ones you would get at Target or Walmart you adjust in the back.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Every Graco I've ever had has had the pull strap adjuster.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Some are front adjuster seats some are rear adjuster seats, depends on the make and how old it is..theres a place in the back.almost under where their butt is that is where you tighten it
    If you go to Gracobaby.com you can find instructions on how to install the seat you have...they have tons of pics, I bet its a snugride 22..meaning it only goes to 22lbs..most of those are rear adjuster seats..in the instructions it tells you how to tighten and loosen the straps..also remember you can go to www.seatcheck.org and find a local carseat tech who can show you how to use your seat properly
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Was the car seat brand new when it was given to you? If you don't know the history I'd suggest just buying a new car seat. It doesn't even have to be Graco, there's a lot of different car seat brands that are affordable. Also, make sure the seat is within 6 or 7 years of the Date of Manufacter (DOM). There should be a sticker on the seat with the date. But as the PP said, not all of the Graco seats have the front adjusters.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009