OMG!! He is so clingy lately!!

My son is 14 months old. He has always been very independent. When he wanst you he comes to you but he loves to play by himself too. Lately he has been so clingy and I have no idea why. He always wants to be held, he cries about everything, he is literally attached to me as I walk through the house. I have tried everything!!! I think he may be teething but we have never had this problem with teething in the past. Any suggestions?!

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think they go through a clingy phase...mine is semi-through it i hope.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'd say it's teething. My granddaughter just did this to us a few months ago.
    Sweet-T

Answer by Sweet-T at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my dd does that on occasion! She did when my husband first deployed (at 8 months), then it stopped and came and stopped and came... now she's 20 mos and hit it again!!!! attached to my side.... won't even walk!!! She's sleeping now (YAY!)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my son always became clinging right before he became sick. even now (he's 5) when he starts getting clinging I start with the extra vitamins and wait, it's coming.....

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• They definitely go through a clingy phase and it could also be teething. Those molars are the worst for my kids and they get 4 at about 12 months (the 1 year molars) and then 4 more around 24 months (the 2 year molars).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2009