reprocautions????

what are the reprocautions on children when there parents separate?can they grow up and lead a normal life or does it all depend on the parents or for that matter the temperment of the child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• my parents divorced when i was 5 and i met my knew step mom the same weekend i found out my parents were getting a divorce (long story). regardless, im fairly normal (lol)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Most children of divorced or separate parents grow up to be just fine. It all depends on how committed to the children the parents are. It also depends on the childs personality and temperment, how they handle the stress, etc. If the parents keep in mind that the children come first, they should be ok. They need to be civil to each other, discipline together, attend school and sporting functions together without fighting, and with the least amount of tension.The better the parents get along, the better it will be for the children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think it depends on the age of the child, the reason why the parents separated and other things. Like if the child is a teenager and one parent cheated or something then that's bad. That's what my hubby went through. His dad cheated on his mom. His mom would worry constantly that he was cheating and my hubby would defend his dad and tell his mom that he wouldn't do something like that. He really didn't think his dad would cheat. But then the other woman ends up pregnant. He was very hurt for a very long time. He has even cried to me about it and it was almost 10 years ago. But like I said it depends on the age of the child and the situation.
    Anonymous

• The younger they are the easier it is. Yes it depends on all those things.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You mean repercussions? **smile**

Depends. For my husband and his sibs, the divorce was the best thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• As long as both parents stay active in their lives, tell and show the kids how much they love them, don't talk trash about one another or their new partners in front od the kids or use kids as pawns and bargaining pieces..they will be just fine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• as long as the kids still feel loved it will be fine. My parents divorced when I was five. I divorced my x when my kids were small. Everyone is fine and as well adjusted as we probably would have been without the divorce...maybe more. There was no more fighting after the divorce so things got better for the kids

Answer by admckenzie at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009