Any tips on potty training??

We have started Aubrey on potty training and I am looking for any tips to make it easier. She never tells me she has to go. I really don't know when to put her on the potty and how often??

lkboles

Asked by lkboles at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter wouldn't tell me she had to go either, but she knew what was going on. I went to yahoo and searched free potty training charts they come with all kinds or kids characters on them and stickers that I printed and used to tape them on. I took it to the bathroom and put it on the wall and called her in there and told her that when she had to potty that she could put a sticker on and get a surprise. After I told her she told me she had to go and has been going ever since then.

http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/toilettrainingcharts.htm

gvfdwife05

Answer by gvfdwife05 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Here is a site I've been using a lot to help.......

http://www.parents.com/toddlers/development/potty-training/
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My daughter was the same way, so I would just randomly have her sit down and try to go. If she went she got a sticker on her potty chart. after a few stickers she got a treat or a new toy. After awhile I had to start asking her if she needed to go and she could tell me. It took me about a year year and a half give or take but she is fully potty trained now. You know how everyone always says that the child will tell you when they are ready, well they do. My daughter resisted for awhile right in the middle of training and then suddenly one day she was unstoppable. Be patient and PROUD! It always helped when I told her how proud I was of her afterwards. Good Luck
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009