Do you think that Mary knew Jesus would grow up only to end up being tourtured and killed?

And had she found out do you think she would have still been so willing to be his mother??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know if she knew or not but I don't think that would have stopped her from being His mom. To be so favored my God that he would allow you to be the mother of His child. I don't think she would have said no. But that's just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I don't feel that she did know. I mea neven the disciples doubted after he died. He's God I mean how can he die? He's supposed to bring us peace and out of this tyrant's control. They were expecting a warrior king and Jesus wasn't what they were expecting. So I don't think so. I mean not even the disciples knew, they were pissed off when Jesus was taken away.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am sure if Mary knew this was going to happen she woulld have freaked but at the same time God picked her to be the mother of his son, so Mary knew what God was doing as hard as it was she had to let God do what he knew was right for the lives of sinners to be able to enter heaven when we die. No as a mother she did not want this to happen and Yes for God she had to.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if it was me....i would still go thru it so he had a loving mother while i could be
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She had a sensing that her son was destined for greatness and that He is the savior of the world. How it would come to pass she wasn't so sure . God only shares in part the things we need to see, if he shared everything it would kill us.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• she did not know read Luke :-) but yes she would have kept the same the answer she gave the Holy Spirit
    Anonymous

• yes I think she knew he had a specific purpose that would be heartbreaking for a mom but she also knew God's will had to be done, no matter what her heartache
    Anonymous

• I honestly don't know. Good thing it wasn't hapening today. He probably would have been aborted for "medical"reasons.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She knew he had a great purpose in life one that would change the world.I do not think she knew it was one of surrendering his life ending in torment.I really think either way the love that Mary must have had for God to choose her to be the virgin mother that she cherished her son and would have wanted him either way.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I know that she knew he had a great purpose - I don't know that if she had known the whole truth, she would have gone through with it.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009