What' the best prescription for heartache?

After 17 yrs. (half my life) 2 beautiful children, 1000's of memories...... he wants out. The pain is almost unbearable some day's. He is still living here for now and I die a little each time I see him.please help ladies

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• find your bestfriend and spill it...They cure everything!!!!!
    gvfdwife05

Answer by gvfdwife05 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I really hate to say this but the only sure fire cure is time. Right now you could try ungodly amounts of alcohol? LOL kidding
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I can't help but wonder why he wants out after 17 years and if he does, why is he still there? Is it possible that he's wanting things to be fixed? As long as he was in my house, I would be still doing loving things for him, and I would be telling him every day that this is not what I want and I would be asking if there was anything I could do that would make him change his mind. I certainly don't think you should beg him to stay, but I would want to know if there was anything that I could do that would make a difference. As to how to ease the heartache if he leaves, I don't have a clue. I know that I would be devastated because when he left, so would a big chunk of me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have no advice, but here is a hug :)
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I've tried too many times now to let him know how much I care ,he walks out of the room and acts as though I'm not even there.And I'm tired of being abused mentally and physically.He's still here because he has no other place to go.The more kindness I show (weakness) the more hurt he likes to inflict .
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh girl thank you for the hug! you have no idea how much I needed that!
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• And I really have no friends anymore (pathetic i know) lol
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My heart bleeds for you. I really don't know what to say, but not to deny yourself to greave and once you've have do it again. When you procrastinate about allowing your emotions to surface you do me damage than good. Join a support group if needed, nothing wrong with trying to get thru something like this with the support of others going thru the exact same thing and you never know you may just make a friend.

My name is Latoya and while I was the one who initiated the divorce with my ex it still was painful and something that took time to adjustments. Ok, maybe not all that much time he was a total JERK, but if me and my hubby now were to split it would crush me. PM for online support. HUGS
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Its not pathetic, its hard to keep up with friends when everyone is working (all my friends do) and have kids.

Come join us on the Seperated Group! We talk about this all the time. In fact one of the first posts is "What do you do for comfort in those rough moments" There's tons of responses there. I'm the owner, feel free to PM me. Hugs and Prayers for you.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• So he's abusive? And your sad he's leaving?
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009