Can post partum depression be late set?

My son is 12 months old, and I just don't know how much more I can take. I really don't think he's doing anything abnormal, I just can't handle it. He's clingy and whiney and throwing tantrums... I just don't know how to do it. I cry off and on all day, and even though my husband does help a LOT, I still feel incredibly overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel that rage go through me and I have to put my son in his crib with a toy and just take 10 minutes to myself.

I love my son with all of my heart, and I hate that I'm not enjoying him like I did when he was a baby. I want to enjoy him again. Do you think this sounds normal, or should I see my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you think you should see your doctor, usually you should.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I was diagnosed when my dd was 11 months. I would def talk to a counselor, dr!!! The longer you wait, the worse it will get!!!!

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i was diagnosed when my daughter was 8 months and My dr told me that it can happen up to 18 months after birth. I suggest you speak to your doctor. And I did counsling to help with thoughts that I may have or feeling overwhelmed Good Luck.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009