Questions for interviewing pediatricians

I am interviewing 2 pediatricians this week - what questions do you mamas recommend I ask?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know I don't really know. I worked for peds and I knew exactly where I was taking my DD.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• One thing I would ask having just had a c-section is how long they will let you labor before they will want you to have a c-section. My doc (actually my doc's partner because of course my doc was out of town when I went into labor!!) pushed me into a c-section after 12 hours and now that I've talked to other women I realize that there was no reason for me to have one so soon. 1st babies can take twice as long as that (or longer!).
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• also ask who will deliver you if he/she is not available to...of my 3 friends and I NONE of us were delivered by the OBGYN we had seen thru our pregnancies....they were all out of town/not on call/etc.... it was really upsetting for me. You may want to make a birth plan and bring it to the hospital with you in case your doc isn't there.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have an OB/GYN - I am due in 2 weeks! lol..I am asking about a pediatrician for the baby
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Lol! Oops...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009