Do/Did you BF or FF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i ff when my son was a baby. my next child-i hope to attempt bf again.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had to FF my first two (darn hospital), and BF my third....it was soooooo much easier to have a free hand while feeding (I could chase my toddler), and not to have to wash bottles.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had to do both. My LO wasn't gaining enough weight, actually she lost some. Healthy, happy one year old now.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I formula fed.... might try to breastfeed next time. We will see!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• BFing my first & loving it!!!
    kuulgrl80

Answer by kuulgrl80 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had to formula feed mine was in the hospital for three months but the next one I want to at least try nursing. With my daughter I only got to try once, then put her on a feeding tube for 2 and a half months
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Both! I breastfed DS full time for 6 weeks and then had to supplement with formula so I could work I dried up after 3 months due to not having an adequate pump. With DD my first purchases was a good pump and so I was able to full time breast feed her to 6 months and partially up til 9 months. I wanted to go longer but there was a problem with my supply that we couldn't seem to resolve.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well with my DS I tried BF but to be honest I wasn't sold on the idea. He was born on July 2 and in those days, they kicked you out after 24 hours. So I was home the next day and DS couldn't latch on right. He cried all night and I bawled with him. My mom and gram both FF so no help there. It was the worst feeling in the world to know my baby was hungry and I couldn't feed him, it hurt to bad when we tried, and he was on wrong. I didn't know the La Leche League was always available and due to the holiday, the Dr's office was closed (he was overseas, and it wasn't an emergency). So I fed him sugar water (mom's suggestion, just a few hours) until the Dr's office called back and then he was on formula. I was never so relieved in my life. With my DD I never even tried. It was such a traumatic experience to not be able to feed my child, I refused to consider it with DD.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I wanted so badly to BF, but my son had low blood sugar when he was born, so the hospital would still feed him a couple of oz. of formula after I BF. So he never learned how to latch on properly. Anyway, long story short, I pumped for about 3 weeks && fed him breastmilk from a bottle, but I got very discouraged b/c it just wasn't the same. He was formula fed from 3 weeks on. =(
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i breastfed my first 3 with no problems. With the 4th I was extremely anemic when he was born and my milk wasn't coming in, at all so the breastfeeding consultant at the hospital set me up with a thin tube which i attached to my breast and at the end of the tube it connected to a container of formula. I had to do this for a couple weeks, but it was worth it to me to be able to breastfeed. After a couple weeks of this my milk did eventually come in and no problems since then. With the attachment tube they gave me there was no nipple confusion or learning curve for him to learn to latch on since he hadn't been getting the formula from the bottle, but in a sense from me.

Answer by missanc at 9:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009