If my uterus has shrunk back to normal size...

does that mean that this prego belly I still have is all fat?? I still look 5 months pregnant!! I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and am still working on getting my incison healed up so I can't do sit ups yet.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• **OP** My doc told me it shrunk back to size...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Probably. It'll take awhile, but your stomach WILL shrink more, I promise. It'll never be exactly as it was again, but if you work extra hard you can get pretty damn close. Good luck, aren't the first few weeks just fuuuuuuuuuun? :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you guys are scaring me lol ugghh......oh well all for baby right
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Everything has to shrink back and go back to where it is supposed to be... and your skin and muscles need to go back to normal. You can't expect what took 40 weeks to stretch out will pop back in to place in just 6 weeks.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No, it doesn't mean it's all fat; some of it probably is (totally normal for 6 wks pp, breastfeeding or not). The abdominal muscles separate during pregnancy and take time to reconnect, and for some unlucky mommies like me, they don't fully reconnect. Not to scare you. Once your doc gives the okay for abdominal exercises, those do help most people.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's not just your uterus that has to go back...all your stomach muscles have to return to normal, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Your incision won't fully be healed for a year. Just a heads up. Ask your doctor when it's okay to start the sit up and whatnot, but if your abdominal muscles are anything like mine after your C-Section, they're gonna hurt like a you-know-what the first set you do.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2009