Are you surprised by the amount of questions posted on Cafemom that are simple morals?

Do you wonder why or how some of these questions come about? I mean I know we have a very diverse country but alot of the questions seem like people are trying to get us to justify their bad behavior.

There is never a good reason to cheat on someone, period. The Golden Rule, of Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, almost seems dead. People seem to feel that two wrongs do make a right! Then they wonder why you can't trust people and why things are so messed up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, yes Ive wondered that, but I just chock it up to people being raised a little differently than me or not being taught basic simple common sense, or like you said...just justifying their behavior. I think that if they are going to choose senseless behavior, then they get the consequences that go along with it..which is dysfunctional families and torn up marriages. I mean I have to pay for MY behavior so why shouldnt they?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• OMG SO.. LYKE... IF I *CHEAT* ON MY HUSBAND...

LYKE...

THATS WRONG?!

NUH UH!
    GET OUTTA HURRR GIRFRIIEND!

:P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We live in an immediate gratification, entitled, self-serving society, with few people taking responsibility or being accountable for their actions. Is anyone really surprised that people are also lacking morals and common sense?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• many ppl know what's right or wrong but sometimes circumstances are such that they cross a boundary without meaning to. They think they have things under control and poof, there it is....out of control and a moral issue has been created. Moral issues don't always have to be horrible. They can be learning experiences and they can grow from the experience. Things happen. Ppl make poor decisions ...whatever...they can fix an error and make things stronger. It doesn't always have to be a bad thing

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yep!
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 10:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009