I just read another ?

so what's wrong with feeding cereal from a bottle and what's wrong with walkers? I loved using both.

NicMorgan

Asked by NicMorgan at 8:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I plan on doing both! I had cereal in my bottle at 6 weeks (the only way to get me sleep even for a few hours), and LOTS of my nieces and nephews (I have a total of 13 of them) had cereal in their bottle "early" and all of them used walkers, we're all fine.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm an older mom too and didn't know they were supposed to be bad. I do have to say that walker's are bad because the baby can get around and get into stuff, lol
    Anonymous

• I never feed cereal in the bottle but I did feed my kids cereal early. "They" say it's empty calories for the infant. The digestive system isn't developed enough to digest it. I say feed the hungry baby!

As for walkers, other than around stairs, I'm not sure. Safety thing, I'm sure.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I LOVED the walker! And :24 a baby can crawl and get into stuff! I also put cereal in the bottle. And the pedi NEVER said anything about it. If walkers are so "bad" than they wouldn't sell them.
    Anonymous

• Babies can get hurt in walkers, mainly stairs. However it makes a baby mobile and into the kitchen and there are many dangers there.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i feed my 1st son ceral in his bottle around 3 months. no matter how much formal i gave him he wouldn't get full. but then he got CHUCKY. he was a big 4 month old. soi stopped after he was gaining to much weight
    as for the walkers i just let him play in it with toys around him. when i had to d things around around the house. i didnt expect him to learn how to walk while in walker.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• cereal in a bottle is a choking hazard
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I didnt like cereal in a bottle, I could never get the nipples wide enough to get a good flow so I just went straight to the bowl. Too frustrating after a while LOL. I know some find it a choking hazard but like many things in parenting that changes every few years. When my oldest was born cereal in the bottle was what most did(and he's 5), not its a no-no for many.

I loved the walker, I know some fear kids will fall down stairs but since I never had any I never worried about it.

To each their own, you try something and if it doesnt work you go on...thats parenting. Find whats right for you and your child.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I loved the walker also. BUT what I have learned from my son's physical therapy is that crawling develops certain parts of the brain. My son NEVER crawled. He had to learn that later in life. So....it delayed him a bit.
    As for cereal in bottles, babies can choke. Either feed the baby cereal or a bottle. Don't mix both in a bottle and make the nipple wider.
    But as for that...I did that also. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I breastfeed so no bottles and I delay solids until at least 6 months so.... no cereal in bottles it just isn't even possible around here.

My youngest had a walker, I never had it near stairs..... It was this huge pink monstrosity, I called it death by pink. She loved it.

I have no idea if I'll have a walker for the one incubating. We'll just have to see.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 8:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009