how soon

just wondering how long do u need to wait before you have sex again after you have the baby??? do u really need to wait the 6 weeks?

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 8:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We tried at 4 weeks, but I couldn't handle it until around 6. I had A LOT of stitches though.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I only waited about 4 weeks.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm sure it's different for everyone. Just be sure to use birth control!! I see so many posts on here from women afraid they are prego shortly after giving birth - you don't need to be having your period to get prego. Just FYI!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You do need to wait, as there is an open wound where the placenta detached, and it can be subject to infection. Be careful.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Depends on your body and whether or not you feel ready. With my first two, it was 2 weeks later that we started having sex again.

Have no idea what'll happen this time. Depends on the child and my own tolerance.

But there are many ways to relieve the urges without intercourse if you aren't able to have vaginal sex.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i waited 3 1/2-4 weeks, somethin like that...i looked it up on several different web sites just to make sure i was ok and they all said it depends onhow you feel and whether you had stitches, and not to do it if your still bleeding
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 4:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009