swollen vagina!...tmi

My vagina is so swollen...and a bit open. I'm 7 1/2 months and don't remember this with my son. I'm also getting that bruising feeling and I am just plain uncomfortable!! Has anyone experienced a swollen vagina? It's not red or sore...just swollen and "bruised" feeling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah sorry for the tmi but sometimes i feel that way!! at 21 weeks so far and it sucks especially when you wanna /./.....you know
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• yes i did w/ my 2nd baby. i noticed i was really uncomfortable that last mo. i think its fairly normal the closer you get to delivery.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different...you may continue to experience things with this pregnancy that you didn't with your son...it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.

The vagina can get bigger during pregnancy....attribute that to hormones. And yes, its also going to get a swollen look to it....your blood and fluid levels have increase, and, again, hormones play a part.

You're probably starting to get sore because you're in your 3rd trimester...the baby is bigger, you joints and ligaments are looser, and your fluid/blood levels are increasing. So yeah, it sounds normal to me.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• gosh i thought i was the only one!!I didn't want to ask about it at me doctors appt. bcus i have a man doc. thank gosh i'm not alone
    Anonymous

• this is normal at any stage of the pregnancy. I actually have this right now. I'm not even 20 weeks yet. Just try and lay down and relax. if its really bad use a frozen bag a peas wrapped in a towel and place it where it hurts.
    Anonymous

• As long as you have not dialated you should be fine other than uncomfortable.Blood is suppose to engorge vagina like it does the breasts.It makes those areas more sensitive.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009