Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i get money asstance while pregnant

im in despret need of money i have no idea of how to go about getting it. any advice would be helpful

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • your local welfare office or public assistance office. They can offer things like foodstamps, and housing like section 8. Also call WIC they can help with certian food items. I guess it all depends on what you need money for.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • anon 8;30 knows all the answers :)

    Answer by scooterpooter at 8:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • i loved wic!!! they gave me milk and chesse and eggs and ceral. when the baby was born i got 9 cans of milk each month. and food stamps is good to. depending on the area the foodstamps and wic are either in the same building or area

    Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • no money until the child is born, sorry

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • How bout asking your family for help.

    Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • I was able to get WIC, you can get that while your pregnant. I would look for a job if you can, you are going to need a lot of money for a baby! Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • You can get assistance before the baby is born. Not much but its something. My one girlfriend got like $144 a month. Like I said not alot but it will help. Plus she got food stamps. You have to find your local public assistance office. Are you getting medicad??? All those places have the contacts for the other. Good luck sweetie.

    Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.