When did your baby start feeding him/herself?

And what did you do to encourage them to do so? My son is 10 months old and just doesn't seem to want to feed himself. I'm talking Cheerios and finger foods, not with utensils.

Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he was 8 months... he's 11 months now and I've tried teaching him to use a spoon but it didn't work
    With my son he's a good mimic.. we would show him how we take a bite of something, and them help him and say "take a bite!" And he just did!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Every baby is different of course, maybe he just doesn't want the food. Does he suck on his hands at all?
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 8:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my son is 14 months and still dont use forks or spoons. he eats with his hands still. i try and show him and still dont work :(
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009