PPD - 3 months in...

I can't figure out what's been wrong with me lately. I have a set of 7 YO twin boys and now a 3 month old. I had PPD the first time and fear getting it again this time. The first time around, I was afraid of the twins. I don't fear my 3 mo old, in fact, just the opposite, I want to be around her all the time. I am just feeling..I don't know. I have no motivation, I have a house full of kids when I come home from work.. The house is a mess even though I have a housekeeper that can't clean for jack, we just hired her a month ago. I want to say that I feel stress but that isn't it. I just want some order in my house and it's really annoying that the DH is home all day and can't keep the house. Been married 10 yrs now, and he's never been able to keep it straight and tidy. I've given up any hope of cleanliness or order but it's just bothering me. I don't want to go to work anymore either. I THINK want to be a SAHM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it sounds necessarily like PPD - sounds more like you are fed up with your situation. Have you talked to DH about possibly trading places for a while? Is that a possibility? I have a 6 week old and I know what you mean about having no motivation. All I want to do all day is lay with her and be with her. I have a hard time keeping the house neat but I've been trying to get back into it now. I am a SAHM and love it. If there's a way for you and DH to work it out so you can stay home you should try. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009