what age did u take the bottle away

my baby is 14 months . I took his bottle Away the day he turned 1. Before that i gave him cup. other partents that has babys around his age say im mean for taking it. they say he is still a baby. They even try giving him a bottle. i personaly thing it is nasty to have a big baby still on bottle

aprilsalcro

Asked by aprilsalcro at 8:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I stopped using the bottle completely 1 week before he turned 1
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Both of mine stopped when they were one. I can't stand seeing little kids walking around with bottles in thier mouths. JMO
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 9:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• By the time all 3 of my kids were 1 yo they no longer took bottles. And that is including my twin girls and they say twins are harder to get the hang of it. The dentists tell you to have them away by one also.
    momoftwinspl1

Answer by momoftwinspl1 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I took the bottle away by age one with all three of my kids. I dont see it as mean since most of there nutrition comes from food now.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Only one of my kids has turned one so far but I gradually took her bottles away over a 2 week period starting the day after she turned one. I plan to do the same with my younger daughter too.

0Jenna0

Answer by 0Jenna0 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My son pretty much weaned himself right before he turned one.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• 1 years old!
    Eilish

Answer by Eilish at 9:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Is it "nasty" to see a baby still being breastfed past the age of 12 months?

My daughter is 12 months old, and is still taking a few bottles during the day. I'm in no rush to snatch them from her. That's just ME. I don't believe that just because a baby turns one, automatically they should be taken off of the pacifier and the bottle. Why is one the "magical age"? Just like I don't think a baby should stop breastfeeding just because they turn one.

I could give a damn what society thinks about my parenting decisions. My daughter's well-being is my priority.

I'm expecting that my daughter will be completely weaned from the bottle by 18 months. She's showing signs that bottles no longer interest her, so I am SLOWLY replacing bottles with sippy cups. But if it takes until she's 24 months, then that's how long it'll take.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My daughter will officially be one tomorrow and she is still on the bottle. She shows NO interest in a sippy cup. I brush her teeth, so I'm not worried about that. She loves her babas and it is going to take some time to get her off the bottle. Like Fallaya, I am in no rush to take them away and nor do I care what others think. I think it's stupid to say it is nasty to see a baby drinking a bottle past one. What is nasty about seeing a baby with a drink? A sippy cup is pretty much the same thing as a bottle, just shaped differently.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I stopped just before a year. she weaned really easily and she's taking hte cup at 2 really well too.
    Anonymous