How can I get my 3 year old son to deficate in the potty?

My son has been urinating in the potty for nearly 10 months now but refuses to go number two. He hasn't even gone once. I've tried different tactics; rewards, reading, games. I've even tried the angry, small spank when he dirtied his superheros. Ive tried placing him on the toilet when i know its time to go. He will wait until we get off to toddle over to a corner and go in his pants. Ive tried different types off potties. Any advice?

KittyCafe

Asked by KittyCafe at 8:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OMG it must be a boy thing. My step son would do that even older then yours. Reinforce your joy when he does and he should catch on that Potty equals happy mommy, floor equals sad mommy.
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Wow, I am having the same problem. He has been making "potty" for about 2 weeks now. He has remained dry but I haven't been able to get him to poop in the potty.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i am in the same boat with my daughter....i wish someone would give some suggestions on this!! i'm at my wits end!
    casamom

Answer by casamom at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009